Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update

I realized that I hadn't written on my blog about my daughter's condition. She has leukemia. More speciafically she has acute lymphoblastic leukemia. One of the most treatable kinds. We just got to my grandma's house last night. We can't go home just yet b/c we had to have new flooring installed and some painting done. So after that is done we can go home.
Kayla is responding very well to the chemo and her leukemia cell counts are down which is a good thing. She is also eating a ton of food. She is on steriods which is another form of cancer killer and it is making her hungry all the time. She craves anything salty and will actually lick the salt off of crakcers. Her favorite snacks are olives, croutons, quesadillas and ranch dressing. They say to give her what she wants so that she can pack on the pounds. Apparently when her chemo gets a little more aggressive she will lose weight and not have much of an appetite.

We also found out that Jimmy has 2 tumors in his chest and we find out today if it is cancerous.
I promise I will update when I find out what he has.

16 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry all this is happening to you, how horrible and scary! My prayers are with you and your little family. Good luck and keep us updated!!!

Tylerpants said...

I'm sorry to hear that you & your family is going through really difficult times...my prayers are with you.

Kristin said...

Sandra! I called I'll call again tomorrow.

Miss you..

Dana said...

I am soooo sorry, I hope everything works out for your family

Queen B said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Your daughter (and you!) will be in my prayers.

Amanda said...

HUGS!!!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Sooo glad to hear that the treatment is going alright. Gosh that is just sooo brutal - little ones just should NOT have to endure such suffering.

Sending prayers and {{{HUGS}}}

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry for your difficulties. Please know my prayers are with you and your family.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health. I will be praying, please keep us posted!

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

How is everyone doing - any more news? I keep your family in my thoughts!

Aik said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know, all parents' greatest wish is to see their children growing up, happily and healthily. But no matter what happens, please be strong, and know that there will always be someone to support you.

=)

Aik.

Heather said...

Hey there. I am so sorry for all you are going through. I will lift up your family in prayer. Please keep us posted!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Thx for the follow on twitter!!

I will be praying for your little girl! I hope everything came back fine on Jimmy's tests!!!

Erin Lowmaster said...

I'll be praying for your family.

Erin Lowmaster said...

I just wanted to let you know we are still praying.

jerricaparr said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Truly. My prayers are with your family.

I'm just now starting to write children letters from Santa for a small cost. But if you'd like, send me your address and I will gladly send one to Kayla & Jimmy if you'd like.
Just comment my post if you'd like http://jerricapuck.blogspot.com/2009/08/anyone-need-santa-letters.html
:)