Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?


I was just getting out of the shower and I turned the dial on my little clock radio to my favorite station. The jokers that hosted the show always played pranks and made up stories for a laugh. So I really didn't think anything of it. I walked downstairs with my towel on my head. I put water in the tea kettle and poured some shredded wheat into my bowl. After I had my cup of tea and my cereal I made my way into the living room. I sat down and turned on the T.V. Now see at the time I was living with my grandparents and all that my grandpa watched was FOX news. So the T.V was already on a news channel. I thought that I was going to throw up my cereal when I saw those images. They played it over and over and over and over.........I thought that maybe it could be a mistake but then a second plane hit the other tower and I knew then that this was no accident. I remember that was the first day that I really learned what the Taliban was. I ran upstairs to my grandparents room and I saw that they were glued infront of their T.V. My grandma's hair was half curled and my grandpop just stood there with his shaver in his hand. I think that all I said was "Are you watching the news?"
They took me to school and all of the teachers were panicked and crying. I went to my first period which was government. We didn't do any work all day, all of the T.V.' s were on; so no matter where you went it was there. I will never ever forget that day...it feels like it was yesterday. The images and events are still very sharp and clear in my mind.
Where were you?

No comments: